Requirements to become a firefighter are as follows:
- Must be 19 years of age and not have reached 36th birthday prior to employment.
- Must possess a Basic Structural Fire Protection certification issued by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection.
- Must possess a current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Must Posses a high school diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must posses a valid Texas driver's license
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must have NO felony convictions
City of Galveston Fire Department Hiring Procedure
The City of Galveston reserves the right to suspend, alter and change these procedures as needed.